What is Match Play?
Match Play is about winning holes – many a match is won or lost by just a single putt. It’s impossible to predict the outcome of Match Play since the playing field is equalized using handicaps. Match Play is a fun way to compete since one “blow-up hole” doesn’t mean you’re out of the match!
Membership in the LPGA Amateur Golf Association – Greater Toronto Area chapter and maintenance of a current Handicap Factor.
Observe the following criteria:
- arrange, and play, your matches within the allotted time-frames (inability of a player to arrange a game in this time frame, or to play a scheduled match, may result in forfeiture of that player)
- play at a rated course in the Greater Toronto Area
- if you are member of a course, you may not suggest that course as this presents an unfair advantage
- you may not play during premium Monday events
- please be cognizant of the cost of the course that you propose to your opponent (you can find some good deals on Golfnow, Underpar certificates, discount books such as Golf for All, etc)
- play on the weekend since many of our members work (matches can be played during the week if acceptable to both players)
Every player is guaranteed 2 rounds of Match Play; after that, you continue playing Rounds until you lose a Round or you win in Round 5, whichever happens first!
Dates: Rounds need to be played at a convenient time for both players as follows:
1. Round 1 from May 18th to June 16th, 2019
2. Round 2 from June 17th to July 14th, 2019
3. Round 3 from July 15th to August 11th, 2019
4. Round 4 from August 12th to September 8th, 2019
Please direct your commitment/interest/questions by May 6st at the latest to Bev at email@example.com.